REMEMBER THESE DATES:
Theme Camp Application opens (below) – March 20, 2017
Theme Camp Application closes – May 7, 2017
Notification of approved placement – May 8-21, 2017
What’s a Theme Camp? A theme camp is a group of participants that creates a collective space based on a central theme, following the criteria listed below. Any camp registered as a Theme Camp will receive assigned placement for their camp.
Do I need to create a Theme Camp to participate in Freezer Burn? No. You can camp in the free camping area solo or with your chosen group.
So, why would I want to create a Theme Camp? It’s one of the best ways to meet other participants and gift your time to enrich the collective experience.
What if I’m new and want to join an established Theme Camp? You’re not the only one! Practise Radical Self Reliance and reach out on the Facebook event page for Freezer Burn 2017 and the Freezer Burn General Discussion Forum page. If you’re not on Facebook, find someone who has a profile to help you reach out.
Ok! I want to plan a Theme Camp. How do I do it? For starters, you’ll have to decide who you’d like to plan with, come up with a theme, and then fill out the Theme Camp Application below. First, consider the following criteria to help in your planning:
- Camps should be visually stimulating, have an inviting design and plan for crowd management.
- Camps must be interactive. They should include activities, events, or services within and must be available to the entire community.
- Camps must be neighbourly. This includes keeping sound within set limits, controlling where generators vent exhaust, and easily resolving any boundary disputes.
- Camps must have a good previous MOOP record (returning camps).
- Camps must follow safety protocols designed by the organization, including traffic management, proper handling of fuels, and all other protocols set out.
THE THEME CAMP APPLICATION FOR FREEZER BURN 2017 IS NOW LIVE! APPLY BELOW. If you have any questions, please email .
If you have any questions, please email .