The 2017 Art Grant Application opens March 1st and closes April 16th. The ARTery wants to help bring your idea to life through funding so read this page in full and then fill out the application through the link at the bottom of the page. If you have any questions, contact .
Promoting artistic expression is one of the most important aspects of the Freezer Burn experience.
Naturally, we promote Radical Self-Reliance, but we understand that artists can sometimes use a helping hand. To that end, art grants will be available to help you make art happen at Freezer Burn. If you would like to apply for one of the grants please follow this page for the form, coming shortly.
READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING:
Awarded applicants are responsible for bringing their ART to Freezer Burn within the same year they applied for a grant. For example, if you apply for a 2017 grant then your art needs to be present at the 2017 Freezer Burn. Artists will be reimbursed for their project after Freezer Burn and upon the submission of all the receipts related to the agreed upon amount and items. No money will be given to artists beforehand. We have aligned our Art Grant guidelines with those used at Burning Man, please see below for more details.
What we do fund:
- Interactive or visual art to appear anywhere at Freezer Burn – For example, we will consider funding interactive or visual art pieces that will be displayed at a sound stage or theme camp (or anywhere else at Freezer Burn) but we won’t fund the infrastructure or activities there
- Burnable art
- Art related to the theme, and art not related to the theme
- Mobile art – we will support Mutant Vehicles
- Art for theme camps
What we do not fund:
- Activities or performances (this is different from previous years)
- DJs and amplified sound
- Domes, tents, teepees or stages
- Personal outfits and costumes
- Generators or fuel
- Freezer Burn tickets
- Theme camps’ sound systems or technical support pieces, structural and infrastructural pieces
- Theme camps
- Food, alcohol and travel
- Anything illegal in the province of Alberta. While Freezer Burn is a private event, we are still governed by the laws of the province of Alberta.
The 2017 Art Grant Application is now open!
If you have any questions about art or wish to submit a more detailed application, please email .
Thank you for your contribution through active participation and for wanting to help co-create a fantabulous space for all of us to experience and explore! Thank you for making Freezer Burn a beautiful place!