Department of Public Works (DPW)
DPW is the hardcore group of volunteers who, rain or shine, are building the event from the ground up, and tearing it back down. Throughout the event DPW also tends the infrastructure fuel services and the event power requirements. They are the onsite team with the hammer!
What we do
The DPW team ensures the infrastructure of Freezer Burn meets the demands of the participants, while still ensuring a safe environment during the event. The DPW team is also seeking pre-event volunteers to help with a site restoration weekend to help prepare the land. This is usually a week or two before the event. Upon early entry, DPW volunteers set up the Fraya and build the First Response infrastructure. If you can’t come early, the DPW still has positions for you during and post-event. Tear down on the exodus day requires many hands!
The DPW team needs hard working hands-on volunteers to work in a sometimes fast paced environment. These individuals should be able to proactively solve problems, be self-sufficient yet able to work as a team, and be prepared for manual labour. There are jobs for every type of volunteer, not just heavy labour! Perks may include: Early Entry and first choice of camping spots (within reason), Use of Golf Carts and Radios, and an Extended Exodus departure.The DPW team interacts and works most alongside the Placement, Parking, LNT and Signage teams, but we are there to help anyone who needs us.
Number of Volunteers
minimum 6, maximum 12
4-6 onsite minimum, minimum 1 full day for pre-event restoration
- Monitor the dedicated email (Leads)
- Join and utilize the Production Communication Platform, example: Slack (Leads)
- Visit the event site 6 weeks in advance to plan a site restoration weekend (Leads)
- Take inventory of the C-Can as items come out of storage (Leads)
- Secure generator rental (Leads)
- Participate in the Site Restoration weekend (Volunteers)
- Coordinate materials needed for on site restoration and builds as required (Leads)
- Arrive for Early entry and Construct the Town! (Leads & Volunteers)
- Generator refills (Volunteers)
- Porta Potty toilet paper refills (Volunteers)
- Land maintenance as required (Volunteers)
- Tear down! Many hands make light work! (Leads & Volunteers)
- Inventory of C-Can as items are stored on site (Leads)
- Write an AfterBurn report (Leads)