Our Media team captures memories, it captures the fun, the creativity, and the loving spirits that make up what this community is. It is a team that produces something that allows us to look back and remember <3
What we do
We capture images, and sometimes video of all the happenings of Freezer Burn and work to make sure that the right images are released to the public through social media and our Freezer Burn website. Our Media team oversees the Media registration for professional or near-professional photographers that would be using the images on their own social media. We make sure that these registered photographers are sticking within our Media Policy and the important boundaries of consent and respect.
Usually we have the 1 lead and multiple registered media members. Our Media members may be tasked with specific objectives by our Media Lead that will help us build our online image catalog (for example taking pictures of the Art grants, fire art, mutant vehicles etc) This team works closely with artists of all kinds, but also works closely with the ARTery to ensure the all Freezer Burn art is captured and submitted.
Number of Volunteers
A healthy 5-10 media members have been found to effectively cover the event.
We have no dedicated shifts. This is ongoing and as you're able to actively participate - you just have to bring your camera. Just be present and capture memories.
- Monitor the dedicated email (Leads)
- Join and utilize the Production Communication Platform, example: Slack (Leads)
- Communicate with all Media registration applicants (Leads)
- Ensure that all registered photographers can agree to the Media Policy (Leads)
- Work with the ARTery team to get images of all registered art grants (Leads)
- Communicate with the Conclave and Ceremony leads to ensure photo/ video coverage of performances (Leads)
- Communicate with the Effigy and Temple build leads to ensure photo/ video coverage of ceremonies (Leads)
- Assign media applicants tasks to ensure coverage of all events and ceremonies.
- Being friendly (Leads & Volunteers)
- Taking photos (Leads & Volunteers)
- Building relationships (Leads & Volunteers)
- Creating memories (Leads & Volunteers)
- Communicate with all media applicants to ensure coverage of tasks has been met (Leads)
- Edit and delivery of photos to the lead by a September 1st deadline (Volunteers)
- Communications with Producers and Web team for website material (Leads)
- Write an AfterBurn report (Leads)