Not sleeping in your vehicle? Sorry, you gotta park it! Any vehicle that is not someone's home for the weekend needs to be parked in our beautiful scenic vista parking lot. Arranged by color? By size perhaps? We like to make it our own and park ‘em how we want ‘em.
What we do
We make sure that everyone is parked, can get in and out of their vehicles easily, and make sure that anyone entering the parking area is offered thorough instruction on where they should be parking. We have lots of space, and in the past our volunteers have made it more fun than we could have imagined. The Parking team works closely with Greeters, Gate and Placement.
The Parking volunteers need not worry about experience, as this is a very straight forward position and team. Don a pinny and grab a radio and park away!
Number of Volunteers
minimum 8, maximum 12
4 hours minimum on site
- Monitor the dedicated email (Leads)
- Join and utilize the Production Communication Platform, example: Slack (Leads)
- Scheduling of Parking volunteers (Leads)
- Maintain the parking lot, allowing clear and easy access to fire lanes (Leads & Volunteers)
- Work with Placement to enforce the parking rules on streets and in camps; vehicles blocking roads or parked in camps without parking passes (Leads & Volunteers)
- Assist in vehicle lockdown when we have poor weather (sigh, it happens). There is to be no driving at Freezer Burn during a storm, or for at least 1 hour after a storm (Leads & Volunteers)
- Write an AfterBurn report (Leads)