Our team creates the Survival Guide that is essential reading for every participant (and at least a good skimming by every other returning Burner). We like to suggest to people to read it carefully but the reality is to at least open it up and look at the pretty pictures! You can peruse it online in our Survival guide section of the website, or download a PDF to your device for offline reading. It is an excellent way to get specific event information, or at least find out essential preparation details.
What we do
We review all of the main information that is posted in the online survival guide, and ensure that it is all up to date. We communicate with the different teams to gain additional material before finalizing a design and posting it online.
Typically a small team of 2 that works closely with all of the Freezer Burn team leads as needed. Our team also works closely with the Communications team.
Number of Volunteers
minimum 1, maximum 2
Estimated 15 hours pre-event.
- Monitor the dedicated email (Leads)
- Join and utilize the Production Communication Platform, example: Slack (Leads)
- Review the previous year content and ensure material is up to date
- Communicate with all teams that may contribute material
- Communicate with the LEA Conduct Committee to ensure material is up to date
- Organize all submissions for publishing to a new digital and printable (PDF) format.
- Create the Survival guide using Adobe InDesign, with support from Adobe Photoshop and / or Adobe Illustrator (or a similar page layout software package)
- Submit a completed Survival guide to the Producers for review
- Publish online
- Enjoy the event
- Ensure a PDF copy is saved in the Drive file.
- Write AfterBurn report (Leads)
Familiarity with page layout graphic software (Adobe InDesign, Adobe Pages, or similar)