Team swag gets to turn imagination into reality by creating awesome things for participants and volunteers. We coordinate the contest for the Sticker design that all our participants receive and we create the Volunteer appreciation gifts (we are the proud contributors of the 2016 Carabiner Cup).
What we do
The Swag team starts early and designs (and prints) those fancy fabric wristbands that tell us you're at home on Fraya. After that, we choose and create a thoughtful custom gift for all the volunteers that make Freezer Burn happen. Our Swag team is also the team that gathers the community design submissions and prints the annual event sticker!
Team Swag is a little team of 2 or 3 creators depending on the year, and we operate pretty independently from the other teams.
Number of Volunteers
Minimum 2, Open to collaboration!
Our creations need to be in hand by the time Freezer Burn happens. So we get down to work 4 months before the event and put in whatever time is needed to make our vision a reality.
- Monitor the dedicated email (Leads)
- Join and use the Production Communication Platform, example: Slack (Leads)
- Brainstorm an awesome thing to gift to volunteers (Leads)
- Source said awesome thing (Leads)
- Design said awesome thing and work with the manufacturer to get them made (Leads)
- Create wristbands for Underage and Adult participants according to the theme (Leads)
- Solicit design submissions for the annual sticker design competition (Leads)
- Coordinate and communicate the sticker voting process (Leads)
- Order stickers for all participants (Leads)
- Ensure the final products make it to site (Leads)
- Hand out gifts at the volunteer appreciation party (Leads & Volunteers)
- Listen to all the great feedback about your hard work (Leads)
- Get carried away with even bigger and better ideas for next year (Leads)
- Write AfterBurn report (Leads)
Familiarity with vector graphic software (Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape)